Thursday, July 12, 2012

Oh How I Must Thank Entertainment Industry... What a Love-Hate Relationship!

Subtle use of vocal harmony, intricate melodic phrasing, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, thru composed melodic style, minor key tonality, prominent organ, subtle use of acoustic piano... Yes I'm describing the reason why I have a love affair with music. Oh, how I love putting on a song and cranking up the music so loud that the bass becomes my heart beat, so loud that my thoughts are no more but a dream, so loud that it's like being in a matrix and your cells are momentarily separated and the music is there to fill the dead space. That is my love for music. Its a passion that fuels not only my ideas, but my moods, emotions and allows me to move freely through the words and ideas in my head and helps me separate and sort the chaos that is my mind. Through music, I have learned self expression and it has helped me grow as a person. With music I have grown into my own person, it has taught me originality, selflessness, and most importantly, it has been there when no one else was. Allowing the long chords and lyrics wrap around me when a persons arms were missing was perhaps more consoling than if someone was there, music always had a therapeutic nature and has often played my therapist. I simply had to pay a tribute to this old friend of mine, and what better way to do that than with it being my first post in a new blog. I don't know where this blog will go, what direction it will take or what it's fated to be. I'm just going to take it day by day and make it a kind of surprise, even for myself.
If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greedThen we should feed our jewelry to the seaFor diamonds do appear to beJust like broken glass to me

And then she said she can't believeGenius only comes along in storms of fabled foreign tonguesTripping eyes and flooded lungsNorthern downpour sends its love

Hey moon, please forget to fall downHey moon, don’t you go downSugarcane in the easy morningWeather vanes my one and lonely

The ink is running toward the page, it’s chasing off the daysLook back at both feet and that winding kneeI missed your skin when you were eastYou clicked your heels and wished for me

Through playful lips made of yarn that fragileCapricorn unraveled words like moths upon old scarvesI know the world’s a broken boneBut melt your headaches call it home
-Panic! At the Disco -Northern Downpour

 
 
With Love from a Different Perspective
-Kait :)

1 comment:

  1. awh... i love this. I have a complete adoration for music. (:
    Love the background.. i had it once. hehe. (:

    ReplyDelete